Afsana Anjum has eight years of experience of teaching the History of Bangladesh and World History at the University of Liberal Arts, Bangladesh. Before starting teaching she worked in the development sector for one year. She graduated from the University of Dhaka and continued on to post-graduate study there. She is now doing her Ph.D. at the same University.
In addition to teaching, she has been working as the coordinator of the General Education Department since 2013 and was the advisor of the ULAB Social Welfare Club from 2010 to 2012.
To download the complete CV, click here.
Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL)
Ph.D. (Ongoing) Dhaka University, Bangladesh
MA Dhaka University, Bangladesh
BA Dhaka University, Bangladesh
History of Bangladesh, South Asian History, Contemporary World History
Awards and Scholarships:
- Awarded ‘Vice Chancellor’s Award of Excellence 2017’ for Service to the students as Honorable Mention from University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh.
- Awarded scholarship for satisfactory result in M.Phil coursework (2011), University of Dhaka
- Awarded scholarship for obtaining the 1st position in the women merit list in 2003, Department of History, University of Dhaka
- Member of History Alumni Association, University of Dhaka (2009)
- Founding Member of History Club, Department of History, Dhaka University (2002-2004)
- Lifetime member of Viqarunnisa Noon School & College Alumni Association (2008)
- Member of Girls’ Guide Association (1994-98).
- Worked as the Associate Editor of Occasional Papers on Theory: Universalism and Polyglossia in Bengal Sufis by Tahmidul Jami, published by Center for Advanced Theory, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (2016)
- Worked as the Associate Editor of Apostrophe: south Asia after Bangladesh by Salimullah Khan, published by Center for Advanced Theory, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh. (2017)
- Research on: “Various Types of Hand Embroidery as Income Generating Activities in Urdu Speaking Community in Mohammadpur: Prospect of Developing Women Entrepreneurship” under the supervision of Professor A. S. M. Atiqur Rahman, Institute of Social Welfare And Research. (2006)
- Project on: “Dhaka City Museum” under the supervision of Md. Golam Saklayn Saqui, Associate Professor of Department of History, University of Dhaka. (2005)
- Training on Research Methodology, Faculty Learning Training Research Institute (2019)
- Training on Research Methodology, Center for Advanced Research in Humanities, DU (2015)
- Training on Moodle, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (2014)
- Workshop on Students Advising, University of Liberal Arts, Bangladesh (2009)
- Workshop on Leaders of Influence, conducted jointly by USAID and The Asia Foundation(2008)
- National Workshop on Gender and Rights, Steps Towards Development (2008)
- Gender & Governance Training Program, conducted by Democracy Watch, Dhaka (2006)
- English Language Courses, conducted by the British Council, Dhaka (2004)
- Senior Lecturer, General Education Department, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh - February 2017 - present
- Lecturer, General Education Department, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh - February 2009 to February 2017
- Department Co-coordinator of General Education Department, ULAB (Fall 2013 to 2017)
- Advisor of the 1971 History Club, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (2018 - present)
- Advisor of the Social Welfare Club, University of Liberal Arts, Bangladesh (2010 - 2012)
Academic Area of Interest:
Gender studies , Migration studies , Religion studies , Global history , History of Bangladesh , Social diversity.
Assistant Program Officer, Steps Towards Development, Dhaka - November 2007 - December 2008
Proficient in reading, writing and speaking in both English and Bengali
Communal Relations in East Pakistan: 1947-1965, A Historical Analysis in State and Civil Society, Funded by University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh.
Books: Associate Researcher:
Kabir,Shahnewaz (2016) Oedipus Jokhn Colonus e (Bengali translation of Oedipus in Colonus), Shongbed Publication ISBN: 978-984-8892-81-7
Journal Articles: Associate Editor in:
Zami,Tahmid (2016) Universalism and Polyglossia in Bengal Sufis: c. 1550-1700, Occasional papers in Theory 1, Journal of Center For Theory, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh.ISSN000-0248, ISBN: 978-984-34-0779-5